Served at room temperature, this super-easy, no-cook paleo pasta is created from all fresh veggies, herbs and spices, and almost any precooked protein can be folded into the mix to add more bulk. The sauce adds plenty of flavor along with healthy monounsaturated fats.
- 2 large Zucchinis
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil, julienned
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
For the sauce:
- 1 medium Avocado, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil + more to thin if necessary
- 1 tbs Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt
- Create zucchini noodles (aka “zoodles”) with a spiralizer or by slicing zucchini into thin strips (julienne cut).
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients except zucchini in a food processor and mixing until smooth. Taste test; adjust seasoning as necessary. Add a bit more oil if sauce too thick.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 of the avocado-basil sauce. Add cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, basil, salt and pepper. Taste test and add more of the avocado-basil sauce if necessary.
Serve at room temperature.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 min