I can’t tell you how many times I have heard: “I can’t do yoga because I can’t touch my toes.”
No matter your body shape, size or your physical abilities, there are attributes of yoga that benefit everyone. It’s not about being flexible. It’s about becoming the best version of you.
by Christine Streveler, Owner, Your Soul Shine
Here are some common questions we get asked at the studio:
- When is the best time to start? Yoga can be started at any time of your day/any time of your life. Just select a time when you can leave your phone and other outside distractions for a window of time.
- What do I need? With the pandemic, you will need your own mat. You may also want to bring a couple blocks for support if you have difficulty reaching the floor. For bonus points, you could bring a light blanket to cover yourself with during the relaxation exercise at the end.
- What can I expect in a yoga class? At this time, responsible yoga studios will require students to be masked, temperatures will be taken and mats will be socially distanced. A student’s well-being, safety and comfort should always be first priority. A yoga studio should always be a judgement free zone where we are all able to accept and learn from each other.
- Are yoga classes just in a yoga studio? Not always, but the benefit of yoga in a studio designed for that practice is the community, support and energy shared and guidance from a certified yoga instructor. All teachers should have completed a minimum of a 200-hour training certified by The Yoga Alliance (RYT).
- What are the benefits of yoga? While the physical yoga practice likely will increase your flexibility and strength, it also aids in calming the mind with controlled breathing. Yoga can also increase overall mindful living and awareness in everyday activities.
Please join us at Your Soul Shine at 843 Miller Valley Road in Prescott. We offer a wide range of classes to meet our students wherever they may be in their practice.