There’s nothing better than a cool watermelon on a warm summer day. This salad takes it to another level with its vibrant colors and refreshing flavors.
Baby arugula adds a peppery bite to the sweet watermelon and salty feta. Serve as a side dish to a summer barbecue or bring as a welcomed potluck salad.
- 6 cups Watermelon, cut in circles with a melon baller or just even chunks
- 2 cups Arugula, baby leaves are the most tender
- ½ sm Red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ sm Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Sea salt flakes
1 Add watermelon to a large bowl and set aside and let sit about 15 minutes.
2 Drain juice from watermelon (don’t throw it away, just drink it), add remaining ingredients and toss gently. Save a bit of feta and mint to garnish before serving.
3 Serve chilled and don’t let it sit too long before serving. Best eaten the same day, but can be refrigerated for a few days.
Serves 4-6 | Prep Time 20 mins