This dish is, perhaps, a surprising mixture of Japanese and Polish cooking. That is, the concoction known as stew dates to the Stone Age in Japan, while kielbasa is a stable of Polish cuisine.
- 3 stalks Celery
- 1 lg Sweet potato
- 2 Red potatoes
- 8 oz Kielbasa
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs Crushed red pepper
- Pink salt to taste
- Chop celery and potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Steam potatoes to pre-cook.
- Slice kielbasa into ½-inch slices.
- Add olive oil to medium heat frying pan.
- Add kielbasa, brown each side. Then add veggies, cover, and soften to liking.
Serves 2 | Prep Time 30 mins
Food for Thought:
Hot pepper spices such as the crushed red pepper used in this dish can help boost the metabolism and warm the body with capsaicin, a phytochemical found in hot peppers!