This is a great way to use fresh vegetables and grilling adds a beautiful smoky, charred flavor. No need to fire up the grill unless you want to, just use a grill pan. You may want to roast your veggies in the winter for a warm, toasted flavor for a change. Using jarred or pre-made pesto makes this a quick weeknight meal.
- 12 oz Penne pasta
- 1 med Red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ med Onion, chopped
- 2 med Zucchini, sliced and chopped
- 1 med Summer squash, sliced and chopped
- 1 med Ear of corn, shucked
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- ½ lb Mushrooms, sliced in half
- ½ tsp Salt and pepper
- 3 tbs Pesto, your favorite jarred or homemade
- 1 tbs Basil, chopped
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs Pine nuts, toasted
1. Fill a large pot with water and a bit of salt. Add pasta when it boils.
2. Prep vegetables and in a large bowl, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place cherry tomatoes on skewers for easy grilling.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
5. Grill the vegetables until tender. Turn often to cook evenly.
6. Drain pasta and pour it into a large serving bowl.
7. Remove veggies from the grill. Remove tomatoes from skewers and cut corn off cob.
8. Add the grilled vegetables to the pasta.
9. Mix in pesto, lemon juice, basil, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts to the pasta. Stir together until everything is coated.
Serves 4-6 | Prep Time 35 mins