Super easy, super simple, super delicious! These salmon cakes make for great healthy meals, snacks, party appetizers. And, they’re freezer-friendly. This dish pairs great with steamed veggies or your favorite dip.
- 5 oz Salmon, canned or finely diced cooked, skin off
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup Sweet potato, squash, or pumpkin (pureed or mashed)
- 3-4 tbs Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Regular or smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Fine Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Curry powder (optional)
- 1 sprig Rosemary or 1 tsp dried herb of choice
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbs Oil or butter for the pan
- Mash up salmon. If using fresh, remove any skin. Place it in a bowl and then add in mashed or pureed veggies. Use canned pumpkin or sweet potato for a fast prep. Mix.
- Add coconut flour 1 tbs at a time. You will need only 3-4 tbs depending on the type of salmon. Then mix in herbs and seasonings. Add 2 eggs.
- Mix until batter is thick enough to form patties. If batter is too runny, add 1 tbs more coconut flour.
- Form into 8 small balls or roll into 5-6 larger balls. Put balls on parchment paper and press them into cakes so they are around 1 inch thick.
- Turn on skillet to medium to medium high. Add butter or oil. Once heated, add in 2-4 cakes at a time. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until you see salmon is cooked thoroughly. Canned salmon will cook faster. Remove from skillet. Add 1 tsp more of butter/oil and repeat for the next batch of 3-4 cakes.
- Garnish with extra rosemary, black pepper, chili flakes or garlic, if desired, and serve with your choice of dip/sauce or as is.
Serves 5-8 | Prep Time 10 min