This scrumptious dessert is meant to be eaten in that gloriously gooey state of uncooked dough, but is much safer without the raw eggs and wheat flour that can pose a food poisoning hazard. Wonderful chickpeas replace the flour and everything else is deliciously classic!
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbs Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbs Chia seeds, ground
- 1/3 cup 60% Cacao chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a paper towel, dry off. If some of the skins start to come off, peel and discard to will make for a smoother dough.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth. Add ground chia seeds to the food processor (seeds can be ground by a coffee bean grinder or a mortar and pestle). Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Serves as many as you want | Prep Time 15 min
Food for Thought
Did you know? Dark chocolate (at least 55% cacao) is packed with nutrients including iron, potassium, manganese and antioxidants, all of which are good for heart health.