by Lauri Mackey, CHHC, Positivity Podcaster & Speaker for Women, Authoress at Lauri’s Lemonade Stand
This chili is the ultimate in comfort food on a chilly night with the added bonus of having plenty of fiber and flavor.
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 1 can Green chilies, chopped
- 1 lg Sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans Fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ pkg Trader Joe’s Soyrizo
- 1 box Vegan vegetable broth
- 2 tbs Chili powder
- 1 tbs Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Paprika, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- In a crockpot on low, simply add all the above ingredients and let simmer for 6-8 hours. Check every couple of hours to see if more liquid is needed.
- Serve with sliced green onions. For extra spice feel free to add fresh jalapeño slices and hot sauce.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 35-45 mins