It’s that time of year when the trees and flowers are in full bloom, the daylight lasts longer, the evenings cool down to a refreshing temperature, and abundant fresh foods are harvested.
Each day is a gift that gives us the opportunity to take full advantage of the many activities our beautiful town has to offer. Luckily for us, Prescott has a wide variety of these activities to help keep the body and mind healthy this summer.
Here are some ideas to consider:
1. Plant a garden to supplement your diet with freshly grown vegetables and herbs.
2. Find a unique place to sit and enjoy nature in all of its beauty.
3. Go for a walk after dinner to enjoy a beautiful sunset.
4. Visit the Prescott Farmers Market and talk with the local farmers.
5. Learn about the foods in season and how to prepare them.
6. Develop a new skill by getting creative with outdoor cooking.
7. Go to the dog park and watch the furry critters play and romp with each other.
8. Take a plant walk and learn about local medicinal plants.
9. Try out an outdoor yoga or functional movement class.
10. Get out those binoculars to observe the many species of birds that call our local lakes home.
11. Find a new local volunteering opportunity.
12. Take a lesson for a new sport like pickleball, tennis or golf.
13. Attend one of the many festivals at the Downtown Square.
14. Take in one of the many free outdoor movie nights in our surrounding communities.
15. Rent an RV and go on a road trip to explore the picturesque United States.
The possibilities are endless — simply try something new! Summer opens up many new possibilities to live life and enjoy it. Whatever you do, express gratitude for all of your blessings, both large and small.
Here’s to a healthy, happy summer full of wonderful memories.