by Bailey Zygutis, Nutritionist, Vitruvian Fitness
This light, balanced meal with lots of flavor makes sticking to New Year’s resolutions easy!
- 2 slices Whole grain bread
- 1 can Wild caught tuna, drained
- 1 tbs Avocado oil
- 1 tbs Avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1/2 lg Red tomato
- 2 tbs Pasture raised cheese*
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Pink salt to taste
- Combine tuna, spinach, avocado oil, mayonnaise and seasonings in mixing bowl.
- Toast bread lightly. Turn oven to broil at 500°.
- Lay bread on baking sheet and top with tuna mixture, half on each slice, then add one thick-cut tomato slice. Salt, top with cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes (to desired toasting).
Serves 2 (or one very hungry person) | Prep Time 20 mins
Food for Thought:
*Pasture-raised cows produce a milk that makes a healthier cheese! The dairy from grass-fed cows contains more anti-inflammatory omega-3s than standard American factory-fed dairy. Look for “pasture-raised” or “grass-fed” on the label!