It’s a bit chilly out there, so curling up with a piping hot bowl of soup sounds so perfect. This vegetarian spinach and tomato tortellini soup features a variety of healthy vegetables and yummy cheese tortellini. Top with a bit of Parmesan cheese and it’s pure heaven in a bowl.
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 2 cups Onion, diced
- 3 lg Carrots, diced
- 1 med Zucchini, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- 28 oz can Crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp Dried basil
- ¼ tsp Dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp Dried oregano
- ¼ tsp Salt and pepper, each
- 10 oz Cheese tortellini, fresh refrigerated
- 15 oz can Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh basil, torn
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, zucchini and carrots and sauté until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Add garlic to pot and cook another minute.
4. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, basil, thyme and oregano and stir.
5. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes.
6. Once the veggies are cooked, bring the soup back up to a medium simmer and add fresh tortellini and beans. Allow the tortellini to simmer approx. 5 minutes until fully cooked and softened.
7. Stir spinach into the soup to wilt. Taste and add salt and pepper and more broth if needed. Add Parmesan cheese and serve.
8. Leftover soup can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days and tastes great reheated.
Serves 4-6 | Prep Time 30 mins