Packed with all that is comforting about Italian cuisine, this delicious dish will draw your family to the dinner table in no time flat! It’s already healthy, but you can make it even more so with a nice green salad on the side.
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 8 oz Medium shrimp, peeled, deveined; tails on or off
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika or more, to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 oz Fresh spinach
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 oz Penne or spaghetti
- 2 tbs High-quality olive oil (optional)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet on medium-low heat. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, paprika, Italian seasoning and salt to the skillet and cook on medium heat until shrimp is cooked through, which will take about 5 minutes; do not overcook. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat about 3-5 minutes until spinach wilts a little and tomatoes release some of their juice. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning, if needed. Cover with a lid and keep off heat.
- Cook pasta, according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain and add to the skillet with tomatoes and spinach. Reheat on low heat, mix well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta and vegetables are off the heat, add grilled shrimp back and drizzle with good quality olive oil just before serving, if desired. Serve the shrimp pasta immediately and enjoy with the family.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 25-30 min