Make a zippy, healthful meal everyone at the table will love! The ingredients are extremely easy to throw together in a slow cooker, but as the name suggests you’ll need to wait a while for it all to come together.
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt Or, Adobo seasoning to taste
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 cup Chunky mild or medium salsa
- 1 cup Red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 lime Juiced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 med Haas avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges for squeezing
- 12 corn tortillas
- Season chicken with adobo (or salt), then place in the slow cooker and top with garlic powder and cumin. Top chicken with salsa (no water needed). Cover and cook low for 4 to 6 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- When cooked, drain excess liquid from the pot keeping as much of the salsa as possible and shred with two forks. Cover and keep warm until ready to eat.
- Make the slaw, combining cabbage, lime juice, cilantro and salt in a bowl. Toss.
- Heat tortillas about 30 seconds on each side over the flame of your stove until slightly charred, transfer to a plate with a towel on top to keep warm and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Place 3 tortillas on each plate, top with chicken, slaw, sliced avocado and serve with lime wedges.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 4.5-6.5 hrs