This healthy appetizer brings several great flavors into one yummy roll, bound to please everyone at the table!
Pesto dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves, fresh
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbs Pine nuts
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic, pressed
- Dash Kosher salt
- Dash black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 Peeled, deveined cooked shrimp (16/20 count), tails removed, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 4, 8-in Rice paper wrappers
- 8 lg Basil leaves, fresh
- 1/4 cup Roasted red bell pepper strips, jarred
- 1/4 cup Red onion, slicked
- 1/4 cup Yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Add shrimp to a small bowl and toss in 2 tablespoons lemon dressing. Set aside.
- Add shredded romaine to a bowl and toss with remaining lemon dressing. Set aside.
- One at a time, place rice wrappers in warm water until soft but still holding together, about 30 seconds.
- Lay wrapper flat on a plate and start by placing 4 shrimp halves and 2 basil leaves in center of wrapper. Add one-quarter of roasted peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of pesto dipping sauce. Top with one-quarter of lettuce in a small line. Fold in sides of wrapper and roll into a tight roll. Cut in half on the diagonal. Repeat for other 3 rolls.
- Dip rolls into pesto dipping sauce and dig in! Best if eaten within 1 hour of making.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 40 mins