A healthy beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe the whole family will love! This recipe is suitable for the 1,500 calorie diabetes meal plan with less than 370 calories per serving.
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, trimmed
- 2 tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs sesame oil, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz whole-wheat linguine
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped into florets
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup onion, slivered
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Thinly slice partially frozen beef across the grain into bite-size strips. Combine the next six ingredients, mix well and pour over the beef, place in resealable plastic bag and shake to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning the bag once.
- Cook linguine for 1 minute less than directed on package. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- While the pasta cooks, combine broccoli and ½ cup water in a wok or nonstick skillet. Bring water to boil over medium-high heat, steam broccoli until the water is evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil, onion and ground black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the broccoli is crisp-tender about 3 minutes. Transfer the broccoli mixture to a bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Drain the beef, reserving the marinade. Add half of the beef to the skillet; cook, stirring, until slightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining beef and add to plate when cooked.
- Combine the reserved pasta cooking water and marinade in the skillet. Add the noodles and cook over medium heat until the noodles are tender and the sauce has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the noodle mixture among four plates or bowls. Top with the beef and the broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with
Serves 4 | Prep Time 30 min