This recipe is a little different from most for pork chops because it combines searing and baking methods for the most scrumptious, juiciest best chops of both worlds!
This means you’ll need an oven-safe skillet and the goal of getting a decent golden sear on each side, without burning the pork chops before transferring to the oven to bake in the juices.
For simple recipes like this one it pays off to buy high-quality ingredients, including bone-in chops at least an inch thick and fresh garlic and rosemary.
- 4 Pork loin chops
- 1 tbs Fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 tbs Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season pork chops well with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, rosemary, and garlic. Set aside.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil then add pork chops. Sear until golden, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook 4 minutes more. Brush pork chops generously with garlic butter.
- Place skillet in oven and bake until cooked through (145°F for medium doneness), 10-12 minutes. Serve with more garlic butter.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 25-35 min