It’s quick, it’s filling, it’s tasty, and it’s fun to say! Hash – the name comes from the French word “hacher,” with means to chop – was created specifically to use up leftovers. Have at it!
by Bailey Zygutis, Nutritionist, Vitruvian Fitness
- 2 cups Organic frozen potatoes
- 6 oz Leftover Savory Ground Beef (May recipe)
- 2 Whole eggs, pasture-raised
- Pink Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Avocado oil nonstick cooking spray
- Coat large saucepan with nonstick spray (here I used an avocado oil spray) then add 2 cups organic frozen hash potatoes. Cook on medium-high until browned (roughly 2-3 minutes each side).
- Add leftover Savory Ground Beef, heating 2-3 minutes before adding eggs.
- While potatoes and beef heat, scramble 2 eggs with pink salt and black pepper.
- Add eggs, heat and scramble until cooked through.
- Served here topped with Tomatillo Sauce.
Serves 2 | Prep Time 20 min
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Salt is the salt of the earth! Our bodies need electrolytes like sodium for many bodily processes, including supplying the body with energy Think: electrolytes=energy. However, not all salt is created equal. Opt for the minimally processed stuff like Pink Himalyan and/or Sea Salt.