Make this dish colorful by using purple, yellow and orange carrots!
- 4 pieces bone-in chicken
(breasts, thighs or drumsticks)
- 1½ lbs carrots*, peeled and cut into chunks about 2-3 inches
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place carrots and onion in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut the top off a clove of garlic and discard. Place remaining clove on baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the vegetables; season with the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken with the vegetables. Rub the chicken with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven until the chicken skin is golden and the carrots are tender, 15 to 30 minutes, depending on size of chicken. Breasts will take a few minutes longer than thighs or drumsticks. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 60 min
- Substitute parsnips for half the carrots for a flavorful variety
- For additional vegetables & flavor, you can add in green beans or broccoli.
- To save time, cut the vegetables ahead of time. Store them in the fridge in a covered bowl until you are ready to season & add them to the baking sheet.