by Bailey Zygutis, Nutritionist, Vitruvian Fitness
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sage
- pink salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- RUB: 2 tbs each dried rosemary, oregano, basil
- Chop potatoes, onion and pepper.
- Heat frying pan to medium.
- Add coconut oil, potatoes and salt.
- Cook 5-7 minutes before adding onions and peppers.
- Heat an additional 8-10 minutes until veggies are soft and potatoes are browned.
- Tenderize chicken.
- Coat in dry rub.
- Grill or stove top, 8-10 minutes each side, until done.
- Add fresh rosemary as garnish and serve on bed of greens.
Serves 2 | Prep Time 27 min
Photo: Bailey Zygutis • More info: www.thevitruvianway.com
Food for Thought
Potatoes are a great source of carbohydrates, which supply the body with easily accessible energy! They’re also a good source of vitamin C, potassium and iron. Paired alongside protein, potatoes are great for building muscle!