This will become your go-to for a quick, healthy lunch for two that’s keto, paleo, low-carb and gluten-free. Either fresh or frozen shrimp can work; fresh shrimp may lend more flavor but the convenience of thawed frozen shrimp that’s already been peeled and deveined is hard to beat.
This can suffice as a light lunch for two or serve with soup, cheese or keto-friendly bread. It can also serve as an appetizer to a large meat- or veggie-based main dish.
- 8 oz Shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1 large Avocado, diced
- 1 handful Cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Red onion, minced
- 2 tbs Butter, salted, melted
- 1 tbs Lime juice
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- Freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Toss shrimp with melted butter in a bowl until thoroughly coated.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on the skillet without crowding, searing for 1 minute or until it starts to become pink around the edges, then flip and cook until shrimp are cooked through, less than 1 minute.
- Transfer shrimp to a shallow plate to cool.
- Add avocado, tomato, red onion and cilantro to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and toss to mix everything together.
- Add cooked shrimp and stir quickly to mix. Season the shrimp avocado salad with salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 2 | Prep Time 15 min