Penne pasta — smooth or furrowed — was born in 1865 when Giovanni Battista Capurro patented a diagonal cutting machine. Capurro was a pasta maker from San Martino d’Albaro in Genoa, Italy. So, buon appetite!
- 8 oz Penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tbs Butter, grass fed
- 1 lg Lion’s mane mushroom
- 2 cups Spinach, chopped
- 2 bulbs Garlic
- 1 lb Ground beef, grass fed
- 1 tbs All-purpose seasoning
- 2 tbs White vinegar
- Pink salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Bring 1 1/2 gallons water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Boil 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, cooked to al dente.
Beef & veggie mix
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium-high.
- Add peeled garlic, sliced mushrooms; cover and let brown.
- Add beef, all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and cook beef.
- Stir in spinach, vinegar and pasta after beef has browned.
Serves 2 | Prep Time 30 min