These unique on-the-go bundles of keto-friendly eggy goodness are great as a snack or meal!
They can be enjoyed at room temperature as well as warm, so you can take them to work or your workout as a protein pickup. Ham is a good substitute if you don’t have any prosciutto handy, and you can experiment with using different cheeses and replacing the salt with herbs to reduce sodium content a bit.
- 2 tbs Butter, melted
- 6 lg Prosciutto, thinly sliced (about 1/3 pound)
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup Baby spinach leaves (packed), chopped
- 1/4 cup Red peppers, (roasted), chopped
- 6 lg Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Brush six standard muffin cups with butter (butter will pool on the bottom of the cups). Line each cup with a slice of prosciutto, folding and overlapping so that the entire surface of the cup is covered and no metal is visible. Divide the mozzarella evenly among the cups. Repeat with the parmesan, spinach and roasted red pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and cream in a large measuring cup or small pitcher; add some salt and a few grinds of pepper. Pour the egg mixture into each cup, making sure not to overfill.
- Bake until the eggs are set and wobble only slightly, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes while eggs continue cooking, then use an offset spatula to loosen the prosciutto from the edges of each cup and transfer to a plate for serving.
Serves 3 | Prep Time 30 min