This single-pan roasted salmon dish is quick enough for a weeknight dinner to please everyone at the table, with a lemony pistachio crust. It’s low-cal, low-carb, gluten-free and soy‑ free, so a healthy choice for just about everyone.
- 8 cups Cauliflower florets with 2-inch stalks attached
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 3 tbs Extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ tsp Salt, divided
- ½ tsp Ground pepper, divided
- ½ cup Salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs Chopped fresh chives
- Zest of 1 Medium lemon, plus wedges for serving
- 4 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1¼ lbs Salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray cooking spray over large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine cauliflower, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pistachios, chives, lemon zest, the remaining oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise over each salmon portion and top with the pistachio mixture.
- Push cauliflower to one side of the baking sheet and place the salmon in the remaining space. Roast until the salmon is opaque in the center and the cauliflower is just tender, 8-15 minutes depending on thickness. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 30 min
Inspired by EatingWell.com
Substitute broccoli for the cauliflower to slightly increase calorie content while boosting calcium and especially vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting and bone health.