Quick, easy and full of flavor, this dish comes together in 30 minutes. Serve it over crunchy shredded cabbage or make it a bowl over cauliflower rice. Either way, this will become one of your favorites.
- 4 med Chicken breasts (or two large, slice in half)
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbs Avocado or coconut oil
- ½ med Onion, chopped
- 1 tbs Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups Coconut milk, full fat
- 2 med Limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 tbs Fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 cups Cabbage shredded (optional)
- 2 cups Cauliflower rice, cooked (optional)
- 1 med Lime, sliced for topping (optional)
1. Prep onion, garlic, ginger and cilantro as noted. Zest and juice limes and set aside.
2. Place the chicken breasts between parchment paper and pound until even.
3. Pat dry and sprinkle each side with salt, pepper and paprika.
4. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add oil.
5. Once hot, add chicken. Cook untouched 3-4 minutes or until brown. Turn and cook 3-4 more minutes.
6. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Lower heat to medium.
7. Add more oil if needed and add garlic and onion to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring until translucent.
8. Add chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pan.
9. Add coconut milk, lime juice and zest, basil and ginger. Stir.
10. Bring to a simmer and let the sauce cook down for 10 minutes, then add pepper flakes, if using, and chopped cilantro.
11. Add chicken back to skillet in the sauce. Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes until chicken cooked fully. Check for a temp of 165°.
12. Serve on its own or with vegetables, cauliflower rice or shredded cabbage. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 30 mins