This low-carb standout is also dairy- and gluten-free and uses a little ingenuity to recreate the fried-chicken taste and texture we know, love and sometimes miss!
- 4 oz Pork rinds*
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp Sea salt, dried
- 1 tsp Black pepper, dried
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 12 Legs and thighs bone-in chicken skinless, medium-size pieces
- 1 Egg
- 2 oz Mayonnaise
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush pork rinds into a mostly powdery texture, with some larger chunks for variety.
- Combine pork rinds with thyme, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Spread out into a thin layer on a large plate or flat dish.
- Combine egg, mayo, and Dijon mustard. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg-mayo mixture, then roll in the pork rind mixture until evenly coated.
- Place chicken on wire rack over baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
Serves 12 | Prep Time 50 min
* If pork rinds aren’t your thing, almond flour or meal is a suitable substitute.