Bring the family together over this delightful blend of seafood with pasta and fresh (if possible) herbs, which can be made ahead for a super-easy dinner — the longer it sits, the better it gets!
- 3/4 lb Orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 lbs Shrimp (16 to 18 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Scallions, minced
- 1 cup Dill (fresh), chopped
- 1 cup Flat-leaf parsley (fresh), chopped
- 1 Hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 1/2 cup Red onion, diced
- 3/4 lb Feta cheese, diced
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring it to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s cooked al dente. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss well. Add the feta and stir. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.
Serves 6 | Prep Time 20 min