Paleo-approved and gluten-free, this versatile chicken salad can be served on salad greens, as a wrap or as a sandwich as long as you get the right bread to stay on plan. The blend of two of India’s dominant flavors, dreamy mango and earthy curry, elevates this dish to something you’ll be turning to again and again!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken breast, raw OR 3-3.5 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup Paleo mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Curry powder
- 2 tbs White wine vinegar
- 2 tbs Lime juice, fresh
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Mango, skinned, seeded, diced
- 3 tbs Cilantro, chopped; more for garnish
- 3/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green onion, diced
- 1/3 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- Salt and pepper
- Cook chicken, if not using precooked. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt and pepper each breast, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cool for at least 10 minutes, then cut or shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing. In a high-powered blender or food processor, blend mayonnaise, curry powder, vinegar, lime juice, mustard, mango, chopped cilantro, and a pinch of salt until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, dressing, celery, onion, almonds and raisins. Refrigerate until ready to serve, preferably for several hours until the flavors fuse together into a unique blend.
- Once ready to serve, top with additional fresh cilantro. Serve over greens or in a wrap.
Serves 6 | Prep Time 45-55 min