These delightful brownies are gluten-free as well as low-sugar and won’t make you feel like you’re missing anything from the “real” thing!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans,* drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips to the batter and blend by hand.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack. Slice into squares.
Makes 16 pieces
To make a smoother brownie, substitute cannellini beans.