This keto-licious pot pie has a crispy, flaky almond-flour crust with a creamy filling.
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 6 tbs Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan or regular salt
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbs Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 4 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Celery seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 2 cups Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2/3 cup Frozen peas and carrots
- Himalayan or regular salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Mix almond flour, 6 tablespoons softened butter, egg, and salt by hand or with a mixer to create the dough. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Spray four pieces of parchment paper with cooking spray. Place one ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper (sprayed side on the inside) and roll into circle the size of a pie plate.
- Repeat with other half. Place in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes.
- Take one sheet of dough out and remove top layer of paper. Flip over onto pie plate and peel off bottom layer. Press dough to cover plate. Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat and add celery and onion. Sautee until veggies have softened, approximately 5 minutes. Add broth, cream cheese, and heavy cream and heat over medium heat, whisking till smooth. Add garlic powder, poultry seasoning, celery seed, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, sprinkle xanthan gum over filling, and whisk quickly until mixture thickens. Add chicken, peas, and carrots.
- Pour mixture into the bottom pie crust and top with remaining pie crust, pressing top and bottom crust together. Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is brown. You may need to cover the edges with a pie shield or foil if they get too brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 8 | Prep Time 75-85 mins