by Lori Durr, Owner, Sundara Sanctuary
As Dr. Bernard Jensen, a pioneer in holistic health, said: “The condition of the bowel tissue is often the key to the state of health or disease of a person.”
The colon, or bowel, is situated in the abdominal region and forms the last part of the digestive tract. It is involved in the absorption of water, assimilation of nutrients and minerals, as well as the synthesis of vitamins.
A major part of the excretory system, the colon eliminates food residue, drugs, heavy metals and other body wastes. This is supported by the billions of friendly bacteria that inhabit the colon and make up some 40% of the dry weight of our fecal matter.
This internal system is easily disturbed by stress, pollution, poor diet, medications, smoking and alcohol.
Colonic hydrotherapy can:
- Stimulate bile production and detoxification of the liver.
- Support the immune system.
- Purify the bloodstream of toxic metabolic waste.
- Improve PH balance in the whole body.
- Provide a favorable environment for the friendly bacteria.
- Improve nutrients absorption, especially minerals and soluble vitamins.
- Result in increased energy, advanced mental clarity, clearer skin and improved circulation.
- Remove, cleanse the colon safely and effectively of old hard waste material and harmful toxins caused by today’s lifestyle, convenience foods, stress and pollution.
An open system is the most discrete and self-regulating, a closed system is invasive and practitioner administered.
This safe and gentle internal bath allows warm filtered water into the colon using the Angel of Water system (open system used at Sundara Sanctuary). This state-of-the-art system makes it possible to simultaneously bring purified water into the colon and carry waste out. This treatment can be a prep for a colonoscopy, avoiding the laxative drink.
Colon hydrotherapy can cleanse years of excess waste, pollutants and toxic substances. It helps rebalance the bowel flora by facilitating re-population of the stock of friendly bacteria.
Hygienic and odorless, the treatment is carried out in a clean, private and relaxing environment. Unlike laxatives, colon hydrotherapy is nonhabit forming and improves the tone of the colon.