This warm, cheesy side puts a keto spin on not one but two classic comfort dishes — the “loaded” baked potato and the casserole.
Its versatility has people substituting it for everything from rice to chicken wings, but we’d say potatoes and other root vegetables are less of a stretch.
This can’t-miss recipe also can be adapted into a one-dish meal by adding a few cups of your favorite protein!
- 1 lg head Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 strips Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup Green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a small casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a steamer insert over boiling water, steam the cauliflower florets for 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Alternatively, blanch the cauliflower in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and drain to remove any excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, stir the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the shredded cheese, chopped bacon, green onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl and mix with the sauce.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese melts and the sauce gets bubbly.
Serves 6 | Prep Time 35 mins