If you want to introduce your family to the keto diet with a minimum amount of fuss, try this unassuming but delicious chicken dish. You’ll win them over in no time!
- 3-6 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 lb Green beans, trimmed
- 3 tbs Butter, divided
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ Lemon juiced + lemon slices, for garnish
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- 1 tbs Hot sauce
- ¼ tsp Crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup Fresh chopped parsley
- Mix onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken thighs generously with the spices. Set aside while you prepare green beans.
- Place green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup water. Microwave for 8-10 minutes until almost done but still crisp.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Arrange the seasoned chicken in one layer in the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes until cooked through and a cooking thermometer displays 165°F. Lower heat if chicken starts to brown too quickly. Adjust timing depending on the thickness. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat under skillet and melt the remaining butter. Add parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chili pepper flakes and precooked green beans. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring regularly until cooked to preference. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and simmer for a couple of minutes until slightly thickened.
- Put cooked chicken thighs back in the pan and reheat quickly. Add pepper to taste and garnish with crushed chili pepper, fresh parsley and a slice of lemon if desired, and serve immediately.
Serves 3 | Prep Time 30 min
Inspired by Eatwell101