These burgers feature some of the healthiest staples of Mediterranean cooking including Kalamata olives, feta cheese, spinach, garlic, oregano and olive oil. They can be served on a bun or over a bed of rice, quinoa, salad or roasted veggies.
- 1 ½ lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tbs Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 3 oz Crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Fresh spinach, finely chopped and packed
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 420°F.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together thoroughly. Scoop out a large fistful of meat, roll it into a ball, then flatten it to form a patty around 1 ½ inches thick.
- Repeat with the remaining meat to make five large patties of equal size. Use your thumb to make a shallow indentation in the middle of each patty to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook.
- Set a large oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray lightly with olive oil. When the skillet is hot, add the patties. Cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, until the edges are brown and seared, then flip the patties over.
- Cook for an additional minute, then place the entire skillet in the oven to cook until the internal temperature is 165°F, 9 to 11 minutes.
NOTE: You can also bake burgers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for 8 to 10 minutes.
Serves 5 | Prep Time 15-20 min