Chef Omei Eaglerider, Executive Chef at Fry’s Signature Marketplace Culinary School, offers this simple recipe to make your food go further in a delicious way.
- 2 cups Beans (cooked-from-scratch if you have them)
- 1 Egg, optional
- 1/3 cup Breadcrumbs, quinoa flakes, oats or cooked grains
- “Clean Out the Fridge” Suggestions:
- 1 cup Carrot top greens (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Fresh dill (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Scallions, onion or shallot (chopped)
- 1 cup Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbs Red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large food processor, combine all the prepared ingredients and blend until you get a nice moist “dough” consistency. Not smooth, but not too chunky. This mixture will be very moist when you go to form the patties.
- Form 4 equal patties with your hands. Flatten and place on a baking sheet lined with either a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, carefully flip, and bake for another 15 minutes. (Total cooking time is 30 minutes)
- Remove and serve right away or allow to cool completely before wrapping in wax paper, placing in a plastic bag, and freezing.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 40 min
Photo from Fry’s Food Stores