Traditional Cobb salad dressings like red wine vinaigrette and ranch contain some sugar. It also has tomatoes and onion, two higher-carb veggies, but this recipe uses smaller amounts of those two vegetables and a sugar-free red wine vinaigrette. It’s easy to find recipes for keto-friendly ranch, blue cheese or other dressing choices.
For the salad:
- 6 oz Bacon chopped, about 6 slices
- 2 med Chicken breasts from a rotisserie chicken
- 3 lg Eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 lg Ripe avocado cored, peeled, sliced
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped, rinsed and dried
- ⅓ cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Blue Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs Chives, finely chopped
For keto-friendly red wine vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup Salad oil
- 2 tbs Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- 2 tbs Water
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Stevia, monk fruit or other sugar-free sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
1. Cook hard-boiled eggs, cool down in cold water, peel, and cut in quarters. Set aside in a bowl.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp – about 5 minutes — then cool down on a plate covered with absorbent paper.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar, close the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
4. Wash the lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Chop lettuce in pieces.
5. To assemble the salad, place the chopped lettuce first, then top with remaining ingredients.
6. Drizzle on keto salad dressing.
Serves 6 | Time to Table 20 mins