Chicken tortilla soup, although not usually a Keto meal, is back now that you can find Keto chips. Give it a go and add your own toppings.
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 med Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 14 oz can Tomatoes, fire-roasted and diced
- 2 med Jalapeno peppers, diced
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 12 oz Chicken breast
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1 med Avocado, chopped
- 1 tbs Cilantro, chopped
- Optional toppings: sour cream, Keto tortilla chips, lime
1. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and onion for 3-5 minutes until onion is translucent.
2. Add tomatoes, jalapeno, chicken broth, chicken breast and spices. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
4. Remove chicken and shred. Add chicken back to the pot and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Serve warm and garnish with cilantro, avocado, sour cream and a lime wedge.
Serves 6-8 | Prep Time 40-45 mins