These cheesesteak stuffed peppers are a great way to get in a veggie and add some fun to a weeknight meal. The steak cooks quickly when sliced thin, saving time when you’re hungry. And preheating the peppers lets everything cook more evenly than if you try to cook everything at once in the oven.
- 2 lbs Sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 5 med Red or orange bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ med Red bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1½ sm Red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbs Fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbs Olive oil
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Oil a baking pan and place peppers on pan with open side face up. Bake 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Heat a skillet over medium/high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add sliced steak and heat about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the hot skillet. Add mushrooms, red pepper slices and onions. Cook until tender.
5. When veggies are cooked through, add steak and cook another 2 minutes.
6. Remove peppers from the oven once tender and add a heaping spoonful of the veggie and meat mixture into each pepper. Once peppers are filled, top with cheddar cheese evenly..
7. Bake peppers at 400° for 2-3 minutes just to melt the cheese.
Serves 6-10 | Time to Table 25-30 mins