Enjoy the versatility of this easy slow-cook dish from pairing the Italian shredded beef with jasmine rice to stuffing a sandwich or wrap to mixing it in a salad — and it’s tasty just on its own!
by Bailey Zygutis, Nutritionist, Vitruvian Fitness
- 2 tbs Grass-fed butter
- 2 lbs Grass-fed beef steak or roast
- 1 lg Red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup Water
- Pink salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat instapot to sauté (or crockpot to high) and add butter.
- Once melted, add diced onion and sauté until lightly caramelized
- Add beef, browning each side for 1-2 minutes before adding water, wine, salt and pepper.
- Turn instapot to slow cook (or crockpot to low) and set for 8-10 hours, until meat easily shreds apart.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 30 min (cook time, 8-10 hours)
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Grass-fed beef contains more anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats than its factory-farmed counterpart, which contains more inflammatory omega-6 fats. Opt for “grass-fed,” “certified organic” whenever possible!