This sweet dinner treat combines the healthy omega-3s and protein of salmon with lemon’s tang and immune-boosting vitamin C.
- 4 Wild-caught salmon fillets about 1/2 pound each, skin off or on
- 1/2 tsp Paprika (mild, sweet or smoky)
- 2 tbs Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 4 tbs Honey
- 1 tbs Water
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbs Fresh squeezed lemon juice, (plus extra to serve)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Slide oven shelf to the middle of oven; preheat to broil/grill settings on medium heat.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in honey, water and soy sauce; allow the flavors to heat through and combine. Add lemon juice; stir well to combine flavors.
- Add salmon fillets to sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there’s any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to broil/grill for 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, and the salmon is cooked to your liking. (Add the lemon wedges around the salmon before broiling for a stronger lemon tang).
- To serve, drizzle with the sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Serve with steamed vegetables over rice or with a salad.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 20 min