Soup season is on! With colder temperatures and gray skies, this protein packed recipe is a mix between soup & stew and is sure to make you feel a bit cozier.
by Bailey Zygutis, Nutritionist, Vitruvian Fitness
- 1 Chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbs Coconut oil
- 1 large Carrot
- 4 oz Green beans
- 1/2 Yellow onion
- 2 cups Chicken bone broth
- Pink salt
- Black pepper
- Jasmine rice (optional)
- In sauté pan, heat coconut oil. Add diced chicken breast and onions.
- Once chicken breast is browned, add diced carrots and cut green beans. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Sauté 8-10 minutes, until veggies are soft and meat is cooked, then add bone broth.
- Heat an additional 8-10 minutes and serve.
- Shown here served with jasmine rice.
Serves 2 | Prep Time 35-40 min
Food for Thought
Protein is a macronutrient that promotes healthy cell growth and muscle repair. As we age, intake becomes even more important. Chicken and bone broth are both great protein sources to enjoy in this meal!
Photo by Bailey Zygutis