This is a quick but impressive family-friendly breakfast you can whip up in the time it takes for coffee to be ready. Then just pop it in the oven and relax. Switch it up each time with a different fruit.
- 2 cups Old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbs Olive oil or butter
- 1 med Egg, beaten
- 3 tbs Maple syrup, agave or honey
- 1¾ cup Almond/oat or regular milk
- 1½ cups Blueberries, strawberries, apples chopped
- ¼ cup Pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except 1/4 cup of fruit) until combined.
3. Pour batter into greased 8X8 pan. (This may look too loose, but the liquid will absorb while cooking.) Top with saved fruit.
4. Bake 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and liquid is absorbed.
5. Enjoy warm or room temp. Add ice cream or whipped cream for a treat.
Serves 4-6 | Prep Time 40-45 mins
- Substitute your favorite nuts and toast them for 4-5 minutes to add flavor. You can keep this dish covered in the fridge for up to a week.