This salad is perfect for a summer lunch or dinner with loads of sweet strawberries, hearty pecans, smooth avocado and tangy spinach, as well as the barbecued chicken. The marinade is also the dressing, making this paleo dish easy to make as well as enjoy.
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbs Honey
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt and black pepper
(Non-paleo option: 2 tbs plain, Greek-style yogurt)
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 5 oz Baby spinach leaves
- 2 1/2 oz Baby arugula
- 2 cups Strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Place all the balsamic dressing ingredients into a 1-cup mason jar. Close the lid and shake well.
- Put the chicken breasts in a container and pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over the top. Turn the chicken so it is well coated in the marinade; set it aside for 1/2 hour.
- As the chicken is marinating, place the spinach, arugula, strawberries, pecans and diced avocado in a large salad bowl. Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on your barbecue. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Remove the chicken from the grill and use two forks to shred the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the salad bowl, pour the remaining dressing over the top and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 | Prep Time 40 min