The bread can be stored in the freezer for up to six months by wrapping tightly with aluminum foil and then placing in a gallon-size plastic freezer bag.
- 4 cups good quality all-purpose gluten-free flour blend*
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum (*omit if your flour blend has a gum added)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp allspice
- 6 oz (11/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 21/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (or dairy-free Silk yogurt)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, unpeeled and seeded
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease two 9×5 loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum*, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Stir together until well blended. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add the melted butter. Slowly add the sugar and stir together to dissolve the sugar. Add the eggs, yogurt and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
- Alternate adding 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/3 of the shredded zucchini to the butter/sugar mixture, stirring gently until all the ingredients are blended.
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out with crumbs only, no wet batter. Cool in pan on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove loaves from pan and continue to cool on wire rack until cool. Slice and serve, or freeze.
Makes two loaves | Prep Time 95 min