Single-pan roasted recipes are good for so many reasons — ease of preparation and cleanup, the healthy cooking method, versatility. This recipe is an ideal fit for paleo diets with its whole-food ingredients, healthy fats and minimal use of salt.
- 8 oz Gluten-free pasta
- 2 tbs Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 4 Shitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 tbs Sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Broth
- ¾ cup Milk
- 2 cups Baby spinach, roughly chopped, large stems removed
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped (plus more for serving)
- 1 tbs Thyme, freshly chopped
- Fresh basil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add pasta. Cook until al dente — pasta will continue to cook in the sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallot, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have browned slightly.
- Add the broth and milk and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach, parsley and pasta to the sauce. Toss together with tongs for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted, the sauce has thickened and the pasta has finished cooking.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately with more fresh parsley, thyme and basil.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 10-15 mins