“Fearr” happens to be the Irish word for “best,” and this keto recipe brings the St. Patrick’s Day staple to your table in a way that lets you enjoy it low carb and dairy free, but with the hearty protein and healthy cabbage that form the foundation of this classic!
- 3-4 lbs Corned beef
- 2 Onions, quartered
- 4 Celery stalks, quartered crosswise
- 1 pkg Pickling spices
- 1 med Green cabbage, cut into 2” wedges
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Capers, roughly chopped, plus 1 tsp brine
- 2 tbs Parsley, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Put corned beef, onion, celery and pickling spices into a large pot. Add enough water to cover by 2 inches, season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Lower heat to low, cover and simmer until very tender, 3–3 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix mayo, capers, caper brine and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage and carrots and continue to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour more, until cabbage is tender. Remove meat and vegetables and slice corned beef and season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve with both sauces on the side for dipping.
Serves 6 | Prep Time 4-5 hours