If you love chicken Parmesan but hate the mess, this one-pot chicken Parmesan pasta dish is just what you need. Everything cooks in the same pot to create a smooth, cheesy and tasty meal that your family will devour.
- 1½ lbs Chicken breast, raw, cubed
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 med Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 28 oz can Crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz can Diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- ½ cup White wine
- 1 tbs Tomato paste
- 16 oz Pasta, dry (Penne or Rigatoni)
- 1 1/3 cup Mozzarella
- ¼ cup Parsley, fresh chopped
- olive oil spray
1. Cube the chicken.
2. Combine 1 tsp each of salt, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano and sprinkle on cubed chicken and toss.
3. Preheat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
4. Add olive oil spray to the pot to coat bottom.
5. Sear the chicken in two batches 2-3 minutes per side until golden (not cooked through yet). Remove and set aside.
6. In the same pot, add more olive oil spray and chopped onion.
7. Cook onion for 5 minutes until tender. Then add minced garlic and cook one minute.
8. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with juices, chicken stock, white wine and tomato paste. Bring to a boil.
9. Add dry pasta and cooked chicken to pot and stir.
10. Cover pot and simmer 15 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
11. Stir in 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp garlic powder, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and most of parsley.
12. Serve in a large bowl and top with remaining cheese and parsley.
Serves 6 | Prep Time 30 mins