Chicken breasts, fresh lemon juice, garlic, Italian breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, eggs and Parmesan cheese make for a deliciously crispy coating on chicken breasts.
For best results use the powdery Parmesan cheese made by Kraft and other brands because they’ll mix well with the breadcrumbs for a coating that’ll stick.
3 lg Chicken breasts boneless, skinless (cut horizontally for 6 thin slices)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper
2 lg Eggs
2 tbs Lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
2 cloves Garlic
3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3/4 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400°. Prepare cookie sheet by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- Pound or slice the chicken breasts. Mix the salt and pepper (use more if you like) and sprinkle it over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- On a rimmed plate combine the eggs, lemon juice and garlic with a fork. On another rimmed plate combine the Italian breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Stir together.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, submerge first into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Lay the chicken on the cookie sheet and repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Spray the top of the chicken lightly with cooking spray. Cook for 15 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until temperature reaches at least 165°.
- Serve with a slice of lemon for drizzling over the chicken.
Serves 6 | Prep Time 45 mins