This version of classic Italian Tuscan soup omits the potatoes recipes typically contain for a luscious, keto-friendly one-pot meal full of flavor and perfect for family or friends to gather over this winter. Warm everyone’s heart and stomach with this hearty crowdpleaser. Choose your Italian sausage according to the level of spice your crowd will appreciate!
- 1 lb Spicy Italian pork, turkey or chicken sausage, casings removed
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 6 cups Chicken broth (regular or low-sodium)
- 1 bunch Kale, leaves stripped and chopped (lacinato works best)
- 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, freshly grated for serving
- Fresh chopped Parsley, for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Set a 6-quart Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add Italian sausage to the insert of the Instant Pot and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
2. Add garlic, onion, and oregano to the Instant Pot with the meat. Cook, stirring constantly until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes; season with pepper, to taste.
4. Select manual setting on the Instant Pot, adjust the pressure to high and set the timer for 5 minutes. When finished cooking do a quick-release.
5. Select sauté mode and stir kale into the soup until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute; then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 mins