In case you’re not familiar with Cloud Bread, it’s a keto, highprotein, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free bread substitute. That’s a mouthful, but you’ll wish you heard of this sooner once you give it a try. With just three ingredients, it’s easy to make in the morning and make sandwiches or eat it with soup all day.
- 3 lg Eggs, carefully separated
- ½ tsp Cream of tartar
- 3 tbs Low-fat cream cheese at room temp
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and place in the oven as it preheats.
2. Place egg whites in a stand mixer with whip attachment. Add cream of tartar and beat on high until firm meringue peaks form. Move to a separate bowl.
3. Place cream cheese in the stand mixing bowl. Beat on high to soften, then add egg yolks. Be sure and mix until silky smooth.
4. Gently fold meringue into the yolk mixture until it’s pale yellow. Do not overmix, you want to keep it fluffy.
5. Spoon ¼-cup portions onto the baking sheets and spread into 4-inch circles with the back of a spoon about 3/4 inch high. Leave space around each.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes until the bread is golden and firm. The center should not jiggle. If so, return for a few minutes.
7. Cool 10 minutes until firm, then remove and serve.
Serves 10 pieces | Prep Time 25 mins
Add Italian seasoning, salt or sweetener to add flavor. Experiment with your own seasonings.
Although best eaten right away, you can store them in plastic bag or airtight containers. If not, they will harden like meringue. Freeze in containers, once cooled, with parchment in between.