This quick bowl dishes well with jasmine rice, chipotle salsa, cilantro, guacamole and lime.
by Bailey Zygutis, Nutritionist, Vitruvian Fitness
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 2 Green chilis
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 tbs Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 tbs Hot sauce
- 1 4-oz can Crushed chipotle peppers
- 2 tbs Salt
- 2 tbs Pepper
- Tenderize chicken breasts, then marinate in hot sauce/chipotle mix for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half to remove stem and seeds, then chop and toss in avocado oil.
- Add chicken to grill top and cook for 12-15 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While chicken grills, sauté or cook peppers in air fryer for 8-10 minutes (until soft).
Serves 2 | Prep Time 40 min
Photo: Bailey Zygutis
Food for Thought
Guacamole is packed full with phytonutrients and healthy fats! To make your own, cut ripe avocado in half, removing seed and skin. Place in food processor, along with 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.